This episode left me struck with McDanno awe.
I don’t even know how many times I watched the scene where Danny fixes Steve’s tie… definitely one of the best McDanno scenes I’ve ever seen:
- Danny stunned by how good his husband looks. “Wow.”
- “It’s for you. I wore it for you”.
- Danny reaching to touch Steve who freaks out for a moment… do you think that if he doesn’t touch you people won’t think you’re married? Pfhhhh.
- Both of them looking around before Danny fixes Steve’s tie. Again, do you think you can fool anyone?
- “Come here. Come here”. “I’m here”.
- Steve avoiding eye-contact with Danny while he fixes the tie. Too scared to lose control and just going for a kiss?
- Their perfect synchrony.
- Their looks.
- Their little touches.
The court scene.
- Steve being almost as nervous as Danny.
- Steve’s face when Danny says he hates that place but, most of all, when he says that now Hawaii is their home.
- That’s not just the two of us, and you know it.
- Steve’s speech in favor of Danny.
- He’s my friend. He’s my close friend. He’s the man I love with all my heart.
Let’s not forget how Danny challenges Steve over the whole governor situation and the fact that Steve admits that he fears the consequences of refusing to do as the governor says…
Well, also the fact that Steve keeps staring at Danny’s neckline… and I totally understand why.
“Wo Fat, Danny!” “Forget it! Let’s go! Forget it!”
The ending scene.
- Seeing them sitting on those chairs is so heartwarming, brings sweet memories pilot related and make them look so much like a married couple…
- “We are going to find him. I promise.”
- Governor, I like you but… you have to make amends for interrupting Steve’s speech and cockblocking this moment, so.. you got to marry them, NOW!
- “She’s not moving.” *.*
- The hug! <3
- The way the still touch each other right after the hug.
- “You’re welcome. I’ll remind you of that later”. “I’m sure you will”. So, I get that the governor purpose in this scene was to keep it PG-rated…
- “To Hawaii” *.*
- The way Steve looks at Danny in this scene… I don’t even have words.
- Come on guys, the governor is there… you can make honest men out of each other!